Author Topic: rFactor2- Nürburgring Nordschleife  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Team Manager
  • Lenda
  • Liked: 916
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
  • Simulation Hardware: Teclado e Rato
rFactor2- Nürburgring Nordschleife
« on: August 05, 2013, 18: 51 »

While GMT might not be able to continue to work on their Nürburgring Nordschleife project for rFactor 2, it does not mean that the Green Hell won’t be coming to ISI’s newest simulation.

Pierre-André Leclair has posted a short video on Youtube, showing the recently-released Chevrolet Camaro GT3 during a test run on the Green Hell in rFactor 2. Experienced sim racers will instantly recognize the track as Com8?s version for rFactor 2.

While GMT couldn’t continue with their track since it was based on Simbin’s GTR Evolution, it’s all a matter of Com8 giving Pierre-Andre permission to use the track for his version as this track is not using any Simbin assets.

Even though Com8 now works for Simbin, this version of the track has been made in his free time and Simbin’s Jay Ekkel confirmed right here on VirtualR that Simbin won’t influence what their employees do in their free time.

Long story short, there’ hope for the Nordschleife in rFactor 2. Until we know more, check out the video below!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 22: 40 by Ricardo Gama »

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Team Manager
  • Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
Re: Another Nordschleife Coming To rFactor 2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 19: 34 »
The never-ending story of the Nürburgring Nordschleife in rFactor 2 continues as pleclair has released a first version of the track for ISI’s simulation.

Like the version shown off yesterday, this one seems to be a conversion of the Nürburgring Nordschleife made by Com8 for rFactor.

Development of the track is still on-going as the track is still lacking several features, the current version is already well usable for a first test run though as you can see below!

Download Nürburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 0.8 Here

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Team Manager
  • Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
Re: Nürburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 22: 48 »

Pleclair has released a new version of his ever-improving Nürburgring Nordschleife project for rFactor 2.

Lots has changed since the last version has been released as pleclair himself explains in the status update below:

So for v0.95, everything has been reimported from scratch and done completely from 3dsmax.

WARNING: First, let me warn you. Performance might be worse for you than in previous versions. Remember that this is a 20km track, and as the track will have more and more eye candy its performance will go down… probably to a level worse than silverstone in the future. At least, I hope so, that would mean the goal is reached!

I wanted to make shadow groups and vis groups, but it will be done for the v1.0. It will require quite a bit of time to do properly.

So, there was a little performance increase coming from the better mesh (a whole lot of vert welded) but the curbs have a higher resolution now, and there are quite a bit more shadows, and the shadow out is greatly increased so there is little shadow pop in.

This is basically the setting that max users will enjoy. It is the same for high as well. Everything has been set to high and max. So if too slow, reduce to low or med.

The track mesh is now in a much better state. Drives a bit smoother, but it is still a bumpy ride.

Don’t ever expect this track to lose much of its current bumps, as it wont happens. I love how the track feels, it feels alive, and I think it represent well a segment in time of the Nords. The track may be smoother today, but its seen very rough days from what I can hear, and this track is clearly modelled around those time.

If you are losing controls because of bumps… drive differently.. I’m having fun with bumps actually, flying sideways in some corners :P

Most of the materials have changed. After seeing a video of the automatic bmw earlier, I noticed how green the inside grass (between fence and track) really is. So it is now a bit brighter. The rest is basically the same.

I used the patch texture from limerock to replace the mowed texture from silverstone.

The curbs have been tessellated a second time, and now feels much better.

I went over many textures, and created norm and spec maps (after seeing a tutorial on youtube) for most fences, they now stand out a bit more.

All trees have been levelled to the ground, and re-arranged to prevent flickering.

The night lighting is now in, and on top of the moon light, there are a light coming from the gpk sign that is lit at night, and from the few lights on the side of the track.

The track now looks very good, to my taste at least.

I tried to have a quick shot at reflections but werent successful.

I would need help creating the alpha channel for my road texture. If somehow could explain to me what I must do to make a proper one, it would certainly help me.

I tried to look at the one from other isi track and make one for the many textures there are, but I dunno if it was my global plane that wasnt right, or the alpha channel, but the track wasnt looking right. Was mostly dull gray, with no reflection.

Well, I’ll stop now, cause my memory is failing me, at its nearing 3am, and I’ll let you download it and try instead!

Pleclairs version of the Nordschleife includes only the tourist layout, not the combination with the Grand Prix track familiar from  the Nürburgring 24h race.

Download Nürburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 0.96 Here

Offline Sérgio Sá

• Veterano
  • Liked: 65
  • TMM - SimRacing em Português! since 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 11: 13 »
Ora aqui está uma boa desculpa para instalar de novo o rF2!!!  :dance3:
Instrução difícil Combate fácil

Offline Tiago Fortuna

• Lenda
  • Liked: 410
    • View Profile
  • Simulation Hardware: CSWv2, CSPv3, CSS SQ, i5 4670K, 16GB 2400 CL10, GTX1080 6GB, 3xLG 23"/Vive
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 17: 34 »
Tenta o F2 ;) IMHO o melhor carro neste momento a par com os Renaults

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Team Manager
  • Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 11: 57 »

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Team Manager
  • Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
Re: rFactor2- Nürburgring Nordschleife
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 17: 29 »
DJC & Tosch have released a new version of the Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist version for rFactor 2.

Following pleclair’s move to Assetto Corsa, these two have taken over the development of the legendary and they have made plenty of progress as can be seen in the massive change logs below:

DJC Changelog

- Fixed broken trees
- Added 104 grid spots, with first 20 more spaced out than the rest (Test your 64 bit versions of rfactor2 on this I dare you)
- Added 20 pit boxes
- Added 40 garages (<-had some help from Tosch here)
- In pit area, lowered pavements by 4cm’s to help AI leave area without getting stuck on them. Making the track online friendly is easy making it AI friendly is not so
- Added start lights to the bridge (race mode only)
- Made 759 LOD changes in order to both improve FPS and reduce pop up’s where needed
- Fixed 3 holes in the road
- Cleaned up the camp sites, removing some of the not so finished looking items like flying people, and floating camper vans.
- Fixed a sign that said ‘Start Timed Lap Here’, it was only viewable from the back but not from the front.
- Fixed the roof on the ticket house.
- Made pitlane 0.5 metres wider to help AI pit without crashing.
- Added tire stack at pit entrance to make it more visible from road.
- Fixed the odd flickering bush.
- Removed a number of trees that were growing outside the guardrails. (I would have fixed a lot more but found 3DSimED3 was braking the Billboarding effect of the trees, so could not use a lot of what I had done, sorry)
- Made the café and the ticket house visible with track detail set to low. People where reporting great big holes in the area where they would have been.
- Added two floating hot air balloons, one made with Germany flag colours and one with Nordschleife logo on it.
- Got Tosch’s wheel track map working.

Tosch Changelog

- Adjusted the saturation and brightness for most of the diffuse textures
- Created new normal maps.
- Created new specular maps.
- Re-sized textures
- Removed the bug where you would get a black line floating above trees
- Exchanged 2 tree textures (oak trees)
- New guardrail texture + high res normal map (normal map has a huge impact on the specular reflection) + new specmap
- Added alpha channel for road reflection (wet and mirage) to all road and roadside textures (kerbs, rumble…).
- Added alpha channel to all road and roadside specmaps.
- Exchanged grass textures and added some flowers.
- New textures for some bushes (borrowed from ISI tracks) and alpha channel modification (more transparency) for x-shape bushes and grass billboards.
Layouts:
- Created a new layout “Nordschleife Tourist Autumn”
- Layout is the same as the Summer layout but the track has modified tree textures (and some other green stuff) and no crowd, marshals, tents, etc. in all sessions.
- Race date is 27th of October 2014. Different sun elevation, times for sunrise/sunset.
- Race date for the Summer layout is 14th of July 2014. DST is enabled (daylight saving time).
- At full track detail the Summer layout has an increasing number of track side objects (crowds, tents, marshals and other stuff). Depends on the session (practice, qualifying, race).
- New loading screens and icons.
- New wheel track map
- VehicleConfig.ini for Indycar road configuration is included.
- Realistic default weather profiles
SCN-file adjustments:
- Improved car reflections (Refmap0)
- Added omni lights to fireplaces. Fires are only visible at full track detail, at night, during race in summer layout (VisGroups=(1217)). (See known bugs)
- Added some omni lights to the garage area, fuel station Doettinger Hoehe and Breidscheid.
CAM-file:
- Improved LOD multi and Clip planes for better performance.
- Added some tv cams and adjusted some camera positions.
- There is a tv camera on top of the Nuerburg (high LOD and high view distance). Leave the track on the public road (traffic circle) to activate it. You can also press 3 times “End-key” in tv cam mode while sitting in the pits.
- Added background bird sounds to cameras
HDR profile:
- I have included 3 different hdr profiles for each layout
If you change the hdr profile, leave the track and start a new session. Otherwise the profile becomes way to dark. rFactor needs to reset the black point setting and create a new currentProfile.hdp file.
Real Road:
- 4 different real road presets:-
Medium rubber, Full wet medium rubber, Drying line, 55 percent wet. I’ve created this file in devmode. Should be good to observe different dry states of the track.
- The road reflection may look strange in some situations. The reason is that atm only the sky is reflected. To add the reflections of trackside objects the track needs reflection planes for all elevation changes. That’s a job for a pro and not a noob like me.
TDF file adjustments:
- Removed dust from kerbs and run off’s.
- Fixed a grass material that had no friction at Döttinger Höhe, was like driving on ice.

Download Nordschleife Tourist 1.70 for rFactor 2 Here

Offline Carlos Delgado

• Experiente
  • Liked: 225
    • View Profile
    • Jewelry for walls
  • Simulation Hardware: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero; Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz; 16Mb DDR3 2400mhz; GF GTX 970 DCUII 1920x1200; Wheel - Logitech MOMO; Pedals - G25
Re: rFactor2- Nürburgring Nordschleife
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 19: 20 »
WHAAAAAT!!!  600Mb uma pista????  :tease:

Alguém tem pegado no rF2 por aqui? Tem melhorado bastante  :yes:

Thx Paulo