Author Topic: Assetto Corsa - Vídeos  (Read 72049 times)

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Lenda
  • Liked: 904
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
  • Simulation Hardware: Teclado e Rato
Assetto Corsa - Vídeos
« on: August 15, 2012, 10: 25 »
Ahead of tomorrow’s start of the GamesCom expo, Kunos Simulazioni has released a new gameplay video of their Assetto Corsa title.

The short video shows Kunos’ physics guy racing against the AI in a KTM X-Bow race at Imola. Lots of more gameplay footage of Assetto Corsa will surface in the next few days as visitors of the GamesCom are invited to try the simulation at the Acer booth B50 in hall 10.1.

Assetto Corsa will be powered by a brand new DirectX 11 graphics engine and will come with advanced features such as blur & DOF. The title will offer extensive modding support as well as ten laser-scanned tracks and fully licensed cars as well as AI – A first for a Kunos title.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 15: 55 by Mário Peixoto »

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
Re: Assetto Corsa – Videos
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09: 27 »

Along with the video, Wim also shared his initial experience on the simulation:

Assetto Corsa exceeded all of my expectations. My first impression when just looking at the overall graphical style got me really exited.
    It just looks the works. Overall external car physics (Movement) seemed to have the correct speed and sense of weight.
    Shadings and Dept of field where spot on.

When i finaly stept into the rig, and got to do a few laps with the BMW Z4 GT3 i did not know what to expect of the actual physics of the game.
    It very soon became clear that this must be one of the best compromises between Sim and Fun i came across in a long time. The car behaves as you would expect, and you really feel connected to the track. Details like braking feel, oversteer and understeer seemed so natural. even after a few minutes in a noisy environment with a wheel and pedals i never used. I might ad i was pleasantly surprised by the Fanatec GT wheel used on the rig. Great wheel.

GamesCom visitors can give Assetto Corsa a try themselves as the alpha version is playable at the Acer booth B50 in hall 10.1.

Offline Vítor Costa

• Equipa de Modding | Staff
  • Lenda
  • Liked: 1316
  • Team Manager - Since 2006
    • View Profile
  • Simulation Hardware: Obutto Ozone + DD Augury H + Leather 28 GT Wheel + CSP V3 + CSS SQ + CSP Handbrake
  • Paddock Member: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 15: 06 »
Estava à espera que o Félix lá fosse para fazer um report exclusivo para a PTSims  :whistle3:

Sergio_Junior

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 18: 46 »
A unica coisa que vejo de mau nesse jogo, é que parece que só vai ter suporte para volantes Fanatec....

Em todos os videos que se vê, só aparecem estes bichos, logo todos os não contam  :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 18: 56 »
Duvido que isso aconteça Sérgio, pois era um tiro no pé.

Offline Filipe Galego

• Fundador
  • Lenda
  • Liked: 413
  • Do you like what you see? Join us!
    • View Profile
    • PTSims
  • Simulation Hardware: Fanatec GT2+G25 pedals+CH full Hotas+TrackIR4Pro
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 20: 04 »
Isso não acontece de certeza. A Fanatec não brinca em termos de marketing e está a mandar volantes a estes gajos todos...

Sergio_Junior

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 21: 16 »
Estava a ser cínico  :biggrin: :biggrin:, os homens não eram doidos de fazer isso, mas o facto de em todos os videos aparecer volantes Fanatec é engraçado.

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 17: 51 »

Offline Miguel Lopes

• Veterano
  • Liked: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 19: 36 »
Espero é que esteja com as ajudas todas ligadas nesse vídeo, e noto um lag ali na direcção...

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 19: 38 »
As primeiras impressões colocadas na RaceDepartment.

One of the stands we were looking forward to see on Gamescom 2012 was the Assetto Corsa stand. After having seen a series of impressive screenshots over the last couple of months we were finally about put our hands on the wheel and see how the images meet with physics and sounds.

Graphics
Kunos shared a stand with Acer and Fanatec, so we got a chance to try Assetto Corsa with Fanatecs Club Sport wheels and pedals. Having taken place in the simulator a first look at the screen showed us that what we were about to experience was still pre-alpha material. It might as well have late beta material because it looked slick. The screenshots we saw earlier never lied. Assetto Corsa looks as good as we were shown.

Physics
Time to fire up those engines! We took place in the BMW Z4 GT3 for some laps around Monza. We were never disappointed. From the moment the throttle was first floored the car felt instinctively good. It was the most natural sim racing experience we’ve had so far. It appears that anyone with sense of driving or racing a car can get in and drive laps without crashing off everywhere. The car gave a nice direct response to my steering input and I never had the feeling I was driving on ice when I floored the throttle or the brakes, even on Pro Driver level. Bram tested the limits and got out of a corner with heavy oversteer. After catching it he noted that it was the first time a sim had not backfired his correction manoeuvres, which would usually send him to the wall in the opposite direction. Just an example of how this sim is different from what we’re used to.

This is not to say that the car or this game is easy to master. On the contrary, it’s easy to drive, but hard to master, because as soon as I started to push it for faster lap times, braking late, clipping curbs and slamming the throttle, more forces joined the fray. The more input you give the car, the more feedback it produces and the closer you get to making mistakes. Eventually I found myself fighting to keep the car straight under hard braking and felt the car starting to break away as I hit the throttle too hard. You can get within a couple of seconds range from a fast laptime relatively easy, but to get those last seconds and tenths out of it, you’ll need a lot more work. We’re in for the challenge.

Sounds
The thing that least impressed Bram and me were the sounds. The BMW did have a nice whizling sound coming from its engine, but we weren’t exactly blown away by that. Nor did the tyres seem to produce much noise as we put them to the limit, though we were told they turned that sound down a bit. The devs admitted the sounds were still lagging behind, but promised improvement were being made. We’re looking forward to hear about that.

Other Features
The final feature that drew our attention was that the simulators were remotely controlled form a tablet. From a distance the tracks and cars were selected and I was loaded into them. We never pressed a button. It was all done for us from a tablet.

Assetto Corsa is going to be a game with high customisability. Drivers can move around parts of their interface with a click of the mouse and race and A.I settings can be adjusted in detail. The game is open to modders too with the possiblity to add their own interfaces, cars, tracks and features to the game.

The first impression from the game Assetto Corsa exceeded my expections. From what I’ve seen and tried it looks and feels good. Actually, I can’t wait to sit behind my own PC and get my hands on it. Unfortunately we still have to go through alpha and beta stages. Imagine the possibilities…

Nice detail to post was that we ran into Bsimracing.com owner Wim Bries and had a long talk about our hobby. We also hooked up with fellow RaceDepartment member Adam Mocarski who shot the following video of AC in action.

Offline Filipe Galego

• Fundador
  • Lenda
    • View Profile
    • PTSims
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 20: 11 »
Excelente! Está pronto para a GTS2013 ou só 14?

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 20: 23 »
Ele continua a dizer que o AC sai este ano, mas começo a achar complicado, vamos ver e esperar

Offline Filipe Galego

• Fundador
  • Lenda
    • View Profile
    • PTSims
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 20: 29 »
Sim. Eu tenho reparado nisso mas toda a gente que lhe tem tocado tem sido em versão alpha. Embora isso seja política normal nesta fase já tinha que estar em beta para sair este ano. Só espero que não seja outro rF2 que foi anunciado para final de 2010...

Offline Paulo Honorato

• Lenda
    • View Profile
    • Heróis Como Nós
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 00: 10 »
Sim, mas nesse aspecto (além de outros melhores) ninguém bate a ISI, era em 2010 saiu a beta em 2012 e estou a ver que a versão final vai ser em 2013  :biggrin:

Edit: esqueci-me do GT5  ;)

Offline Ricardo Gama

• Lenda
  • Liked: 499
  • "Make it for Fun or don't make it at all!!"
    • View Profile
    • Crowds Garage
  • Simulation Hardware: Logitech G29 ; SimLab GT CUP;
  • Paddock Member: Yes
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 15: 22 »
'when nothing goes right go left'